If you’re looking to remodel your home, you may be wondering which type of renovation gives you the most bang for your buck. Bathroom remodeling can be an excellent choice for both your budget and for aesthetic impact. It’s an overwhelmingly popular option, and for good reason. According to a survey conducted by the National Association of Home Builders, 78% of home renovations include bathroom remodeling, making it the #1 most-requested project in the United States. Not only does it offer a great return on investment, but it’s also an incredibly practical investment, as bathrooms tend to suffer more wear and tear than other rooms.
And for many folks, having a luxurious, spa-like bathroom is the ultimate dream. Our remodeling contractors can help make that dream a reality. If you’re looking for luxurious lavatory ideas that will instantly add indulgence to your toilette, here are five of our bathroom remodeling contractors’ favorite tips:
- Have a seatIf you’re looking for a way to make your bathroom space more leisurely, consider adding seating. Whether it’s a stool with a tufted cushion, a chaise lounge, or a marble seat in your shower, you’ll add an air of opulence to the room in an instant. Even a well-placed ottoman can make a huge difference. While your bathroom should be functional and uncluttered, having a place to sit other than the toilet seat will make everyone who visits feel like they’re in a hotel or spa.
- Add interest with tileA visually interesting tile floor can work wonders in a bathroom. No matter whether you like a clean, modern look or vintage subway tiles, there’s a tile that will fit all of your needs. Since bathrooms are relatively small spaces, remodeling contractors will often suggest a higher-end tile that might not otherwise be in your budget for a larger area in your home. It’s a great way to pack a punch and get exactly what you want.
- Use an eye-catching mirrorA statement mirror can be a great conversation piece, and there’s no better place for it than a bathroom. For a unique twist on the traditional vanity, opt for a large mirror that will reflect back everything you want to say about your space. Not only will it be a stunning addition, but it will also make the space look larger — a very helpful attribute for smaller spaces.
- Replace fixturesSometimes, all you need is something little to help a great-looking room seem fresh again. One way to do this is through new fixtures, sinks, or toiletry containers. Because you’re avoiding a larger-scale remodel, this often means you can afford something a bit more extravagant, like a rain shower head, a vessel sink, satin bronze finished fixtures, or unique canisters for all of your essentials. These changes are both functional and attractive, which means you’ll be much more likely to enjoy your bathroom.
- Don’t skimp on linensAny general contractor will tell you that no matter how expensive your renovation project is, it can be ruined by a cheap shower curtain or tacky window fixtures. When you choose to skimp on your towels or curtains, you’re really doing a disservice to your home (not to mention the hard work of your luxury bathroom remodeling contractors). That being said, you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on your bathroom linens. Just make sure that the rugs, curtains, and towels don’t detract from how special the room looks in the end.
Looking to take on a renovation project this season? Want to spruce up your home for the new year? Our remodeling contractors will work with you to realize your remodeling vision. Contact us today to get started!